Ever felt stuck when you really need to get a ton of work done? Is that report looming over your head like a crane waiting to fall? Instead of focusing on the task at hand, do you end up procrastinating and perusing the web before falling into either a Wikipedia wormhole, or watching forgotten Vine videos online?
Yup, that happens to me at times. Staying motivated and productive can be a challenge, that’s why productivity apps can be a great asset. Another great way to recharge is by drawing inspiration from wonderful thought leaders and mentors.
To help you get the juices flowing again, here are 27 quotes to inspire productivity and creativity.
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” – Tim Ferriss
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
- “Life is too complicated not to be orderly.” – Martha Stewart
- “’Tomorrow’ is the thing that’s always coming but never arrives. ‘Today’ is the thing that’s already here and never leaves. And because that’s the case, I would much prefer to invest in today than sit around waiting for an arrival that’s not arriving.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” – Henry C. Link
- “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” – Warren Buffett
- “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” ― Bruce Lee
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” ― Stephen King
- “You are where you are and what you are because of yourself, nothing else. Nature is neutral. Nature doesn’t care. If you do what other successful people do, you will enjoy the same results and rewards that they do. And if you don’t, you won’t.” ― Brian Tracy
- “Productivity growth is the only possible way to achieve prosperity.” – Mario Draghi
- “Lost time is never found again.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Never mistake motion for action.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C. Maxwell
- “We are our own potters; for our habits make us, and we make our habits.” – Frederick Langbridge
- “Early rising not only gives us more life in the same number of years, but adds, likewise, to their number; and not only enables us to enjoy more of existence in the same time, but increases also the measure.” – Caleb C. Colton
- “Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.” – Peter Drucker
- “A worker without genius is better than a genius who won’t work.” – Leopold Auer
- “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” – Tony Robbins
- “There is no substitute for hard work.” – Thomas Edison
- “The perfect is the enemy of the good.” – Voltaire
- “If you commit to giving more time than you have to spend, you will constantly be running from time debt collectors.” – Elizabeth Grace Saunders
- “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Improved productivity means less human sweat, not more.” – Henry Ford
Which quote sparked creativity and productivity inside of you? What are some quotes that guide you when you’re stuck in a rut? I’d love to hear your thoughts, please share them in the comments below.
~ Persist and Grow Forth ~